|Home | Torah La-Am Library | Commentators | Weekly Article | Press | Contact||Your Account | Help|
Helping parents, teachers, and students of many faiths pursue Biblical wisdom.
Title: If You Follow My Laws
Major Focus: Blessings
Minor Focus: God, humanity's Senior Partner
Abstract: By using the word "If," God is giving us the choice of doing it right or not.
"If you follow My laws and faithfully observe My commandments, I will grant your rains in their season, so that the earth shall yield its produce and the trees of the field their fruit. Your threshing shall overtake the vintage, and your vintage shall overtake the sowing; you shall eat your fill of bread and dwell securely in your land."
"I will grant peace in the land, and you shall lie down untroubled by anyone; I will give the land respite from vicious beasts, and no sword shall cross your land. You shall give chase to your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. And five of you shall chase one-hundred and one-hundred of you shall chase ten-thousand."
"I will look with favor upon you, and make you fertile and multiply you; and I will maintain My covenant with you. You shall eat old grain long stored, and you shall have to clear out the old to make room for the new."
"I will establish My abode in your midst, and I will not spurn you. I will be ever present in your midst: I will be your God, and you shall be My people. I the Ruler am your God who brought you out from the land of the Egyptians to be their slaves no more, who broke the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect."
According to Baba Batra 88b, twenty-two blessings are listed in ten verses, Leviticus 26:3 to 26:13, starting with "IF" you follow My laws and faithfully observe My commandments..." The "If" clause means God is giving us the choice, God is pleading with us to do it this way.
1. Rain will come in its season.
2. The earth will yield produce.
3. Fruit trees will bear fruit.
4. Threshing will reach to harvest time, harvest time will reach until sowing time.
5. You will eat bread to the full.
6. You will be secure and unafraid in your land.
7. There will be peace in the land.
8. No one will make you afraid.
9. No wild beasts will trouble you.
10. No sword will pass through your land.
11. You will chase your enemies.
12. Enemies will fall before you.
13. Five will chase one-hundred, one-hundred will chase ten-thousand (e.g. Blessings will increase geometrically).
14. God will bless you.
15. God will make you fruitful.
16. Your population will increase.
17. God will establish the covenant.
18. You will clear out the old produce because of the new.
19. The Sanctuary will be in your midst.
20. God's spirit will not hate you.
21. God will walk among you.
22. God will be your God, you will be God's people.
Copyright © 2014 Torah Productions. All Rights Reserved.